One Pot Clambake
Serves about 3 – 4. Inspired by Martha Stewart.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 – 40 minutes
- 3/4 pound small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup dry white wine (I used a dry Pinot Gris)
- 1/3 cup water or vegetable broth
- 4 small mini ears of corn (I used the steamfresh microwavable bags)
- 2 1/2 dozen fresh littleneck clams
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 pound shrimp, peeled and cooked (about 12 – 14 small pieces, 6 – 8 large)
- 1/3 pound fresh lobster claw meat
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 -2 tablespoons crushed red pepper*
*Optional for a little heat.
- In a large Le Creuset Dutch oven (Mine was 5 1/2 quart), heat the 1 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic. Cook until just starting to soften, about 3 minutes. Increase heat to high and add in wine and water. Bring the mixture to a rapid boil and add in the potatoes. Sprinkle in the salt, pepper and crushed red pepper. Cover and let boil for about 5 minutes, or until potatoes start to soften. Add in the clams and lemon juice. Cover and cook another 10 minutes, or until the clams open. Discard any unopened clams.
- Meanwhile microwave your corn until done.
- Add in the shrimp, lobster meat, parsley, corn and dill to the clam pot and reduce heat to medium low. *** Cook another 5 – 6 minutes, or until the shrimp and lobster meat turns opaque. Remove from heat.
- Now, there’s two ways to eat this. You can either eat the fish, corn and potatoes directly from the broth (which is what we did) or you can remove the fish, potatoes, corn and onion from the bowl and set on a large serving platter. If you do this, pour the broth into a large bowl and whisk in remaining butter, salt, pepper, more crushed red pepper, parsley and additional dill. Dip the fish into the broth and eat!
***If you pan on eating directly from the dutch oven, melt the two remaining tablespoons of butter and add to the broth when you add in the shrimp.
Nutritional information per serving (at least one ear of corn, a few shrimp, 1/2 pound clams, less than 1/4 pound potatoes, a spoonful of lobster meat and about 1/4 cup broth)
Fat: 10 grams
Carbohydrates: 31.25 grams
Fiber: 5.3 grams
Protein: 20.25 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 6