Oatmeal Raisin Muffins
Yields about 12 muffins.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: About 17 minutes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2/3 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup 1% milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Optional: Walnuts or hazelnuts
*If you want to use eggs, sub in one egg for the 1/4 cup of applesauce.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Line a 12 cavity muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- In mixing bowl, combine flours, baking soda, salt, oats and pumpkin pie spice. In the bowl of a standing mixer, beat the butter, sugar, vanilla and applesauce until fluffy. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the water and the milk, ending with the dry ingredients. Stir until just moistening. Fold in the raisins.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and immediately remove from pans. Let cool and enjoy!
Nutritional information per muffin:
Fiber: >1 gram
Protein: 3.08 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 4