Mushroom, Goat Cheese & Rum Crostini
Prep time: >5 minutes
Cook time: About 18 minutes
- 15 slices of crispy French bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 – 3 tablespoons Captain Morgan Black
- Salt and pepper
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese
- Baby arugula
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grase a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a medium pan over medium high heat. Add onions and cook until just softened, about 2 minutes. Add in mushrooms, garlic and salt and pepper, cook about a minute longer. Pour in rum, reduce heat to medium and cook vegetables until all of the liquid has evaporated, about 4 – 5 more minutes. Garnish with a bit more salt and pepper.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of mushroom mixture onto each slice of French bread. Add about 1/2 an ounce of goat cheese on each crostini. Place crostinis on the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 8 minutes, or until goat cheese is slightly melted. Add arugula and serve!