Mini Whole Wheat Strawberry Donuts
Yields about 12 mini donuts. Inspired by Sally’s Baking Addiction.
Prep time: About 5 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
For the donuts:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup 2% Chobani Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light cream
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- About 3 tablespoons chopped fresh strawberries
For the glaze:
- 1 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a mini donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour and baking powder together. In another bowl beat the egg, vanilla, light cream, Greek yogurt, applesauce, brown sugar and white sugar until fluffy. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir to combine. Carefully fold in the fresh strawberries.
- Fill a pastry bag with the donut dough and carefully pipe into the mini donut pan, filling about 3/4 the way full.
- Bake for about 11 – 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool slightly.
- To make the glaze, beat the sugar, heavy cream and strawberry jam. Dip the mini donuts into the frosting about 3 times to liberally coat. Sprinkle the top with Valentine’s Day sprinkles.
Nutritional information per donut:
Fat: 1.8 grams
Carbohydrates: 24 grams
Fiber: >1 gram
Protein: 2.4 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 3