Mini Strawberry Danishes
Yields 10 danishes.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 13 – 15 minutes
For the rolls:
For the glaze:
- 2 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- About 2 – 4 tablespoons skim milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease baking dishes (you’ll need two) with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Roll the crescent dough out and push together the seams so it’s one large rectangle. Spread melted butter over it and then sprinkle liberally with cinnamon sugar. Roll the dough up in jelly roll fashion (moving horizontally) until you have a log. Using a sharp, serrated knife, cut into 10 small slices.
- Place the rolls into the baking dish, cut side up. Carefully smoosh the dough together and create a little dip in the rolls. Place about one teaspoon of jelly in the dip.
- Bake for about 13 – 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool on a wire cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze by beating the cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar together. Add milk until it thins out into a glaze. Drizzle glaze on rolls and top with fresh mint leaves.
Nutritional information per roll:
Fat: 4.2 grams
Carbohydrates: 24.2 grams
Fiber: >1 gram
Protein: 2.9 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 4