Mini Dark Chocolate Cakes with Mint Chocolate Chip Icing
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
For the cake:
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted dark chocolate
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 2 tablespoons egg beaters (or about 1/2 egg)
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee (I used Green Mountain’s Dark Magic)
- 1/4 cup 1% milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
For the frosting:
- Low-fat cream cheese icing (minus the vanilla)
- Green food coloring
- 1/3 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 tablespoons chopped chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two ramekins with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt together until combined. Add in the egg beaters, applesauce, milk and coffee and mix until smooth. The batter should be thin, so don’t worry!
- Pour the mixture evenly into the two ramekins. Bake for about 25 – 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, mix the icing, peppermint extract and green food coloring together. Frost each cake with icing and then sprinkle with chopped chocolate chips.
Nutritional information per ramekin:
Fat: 8 grams
Carbohydrates: 45 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Protein: 8.5 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 7