Mango & Mixed Berry Cobbler
Serves about 8.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: About 40 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
For the filling:
- 3 cups peeled and chopped mangos (I used the Ataulofus variety)
- 1 1/2 cup blackberries
- 11/2 cup raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
For the topping:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons butter, chilled
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally grease a baking dish (9 x 13, 8 x 8 or 11 x 7) with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with flour.
- In a mixing bowl, carefully toss the fruit with the lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, honey and flour. Sprinkle in the apple pie spice and toss to combine. Cover and let rest for about 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, carefully whisk the flour, almond meal, sugar, and baking powder together. Using a pastry knife, cut in the butter until mixture resembles sand. Mix in the egg, cinnamon and vanilla and stir until fully combined.
- Spread the fruit over the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle the topping over the fruit filling.
- Bake for about 40 – 42 minutes, or until topping is golden brown and fruit is bubbly. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream and enjoy!
Nutritional information per serving:
Fat: 12.5 grams
Carbohydrates: 62.5 grams
Fiber: 1.2 grams
Protein: 4.6 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 10
NOTE: THIS POST WAS SPONSORED BY THE MANGO BOARD. HOWEVER, ALL OPINIONS AND STATEMENTS ARE MY OWN.