Low-fat Red Wine Chocolate Donut Recipe
Yields about 12 donuts. Recipe slightly adapted from Prevention RD.
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Cook time: About 9 minutes
For the donuts:
- 1 cup all-purpose pastry flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup Red Velvet wine (or any other kind)
- 2 tablespoons 2% chocolate vanilla chunk Chobani
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the chocolate icing:
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Gold decorative sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Liberally grease a donut pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder until combined. Add in egg, skim milk, red wine, canola oil, yogurt, and vanilla. Stir until ingredients are fully combined. Add in chocolate chips.
- Fill donut cavities about 1/2 – 2/3 the way full with batter. Bake for 7 – 9 minutes, or until they bounce back after you touch them. Let cool completely and remove from the pan.
- To prepare the glaze, place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Set power to 50 and melt for 1 minute. Stir slightly and melt another 30 seconds. Repeat (stirring every 30 seconds) until chips are completely melted. Using a knife, frost each donut. Sprinkle with sprinkles and enjoy!
Nutritional information per donut with glaze:
Fat: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 22 grams
Fiber: 1 gram
Protein: 2.83 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 4