Low Fat Raspberry Cheesecake Bars
Serves about 12.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
For the crust:
- 1 ½ cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- Dash of cinnamon
For the bars:
- 8 ounce container of softened low-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup small curd low fat Friendship cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/3 cup pomegranate or raspberry jam
- Fresh mint for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- To make the crust, mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, melted butter and cinnamon. Stir to combine. Press the crust into the parchment paper and press down with the back of a spatula. Bake crust for about 9 – 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Blend the cottage cheese into a blender until smooth and fluffy. Pour into the bowl of a stand mixer and add cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla and lemon juice – beat until creamy and thick.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan and mix in two tablespoons of pomegranate arils. Add the jam with a small spoon and place on the top of the cheesecake. Using the same spoon, swirl the jam around.
- Bake for about 32 – 25 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- Chill for at least 2 hours then cut into squares and serve with mint and remaining pomegranate arils.
Nutritional information per bar:
Fat: 8.5 grams
Carbohydrates: 30.25 grams
Fiber: 2.25 grams
Protein: 5.2 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 6