Low-fat Cheesecake Stuffed Baked Apples
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 – 32 minutes
- 6 medium apples (I used red)
For the filling:
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped apples
- Caramel for drizzle* (for a light version, try this recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the top off each apple. Using a spoon, carefully scoop out the insides of the apples until you’re left with about a 1/2 – 3/4 inch thick shell. Keep apple insides. Place apples in a greased baking dish.
- To prepare the filling, beat the cream cheese, brown sugar, vanilla and egg together with a handheld mixer until creamy. Add in cinnamon and apples, stir to combine.
- Carefully fill each apple about 2/3 the way full with cheesecake filling. If you have leftover filling, prepare another apple or save for later use. Bake apples for about 25 minutes, or until insides are almost set and apples are beginning to soften. Place in the fridge to chill for at least two – three hours.
- One chilled, serve with caramel and enjoy!
Nutritional information per apple (with 3/4 tablespoon light caramel):
Fiber: 3.5 grams
Protein: 5.3 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 7