Lighter Crock Pot Hot Cocoa
Serves about 8 – 10. Recipe slightly adapted from Budget Savvy Diva.
Prep time: >5 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
- 8 ounces low-fat sweetened condensed milk (fat free works too)
- 1 1/3 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 3 1/4 cups skim mik
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- Sugar (to add)
- Marshmallows, whipped cream and chocolate chips for garnish
- Milk light cream, milk and sweetened condensed milk together in a bowl with a whisk. Pour into your crock pot. Add chocolate chips, cocoa powder and vanilla and mix well.
- Set crock pot to low and heat until chocolate is melted and mixture is warm, about 2 hours. Be sure to stir the cocoa every 30 minutes or so the chocolate doesn’t burn! Add sugar to taste if it’s not sweet enough!
- Serve warm with whipped cream, marshmallows and chocolate chips!
Nutritional information per cup:
Fat: 9 grams
Carbohydrates: 35 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Protein: 7 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 6