Insanely Easy Pumpkin French Toast
Serves about 4.
Prep time: 8 – 10 minutes
Cook time: About 6 – 8 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 loaf of Italian bread
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk (I used 1%)
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 – 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Maple syrup
- Low-fat whipped cream
- Slice the italian bread into thick slices, about 8 – 10 pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk the pumpkin puree, eggs, milk, cream and pumpkin pie spice.
- Melt the butter into a large skillet over medium high heat. Liberally dredge each slice of bread into the bowl to evenly coat. Place in the butter and cook until browned or golden on both sides, about 3 – 4 minutes on each side.
- Stack the french toast and drizzle with maple syrup. Add whipped cream for garnish.
Nutritional information per serving (about 2 slices):
Fat: 11 grams
Carbohydrates: 19.5 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Protein: 9.75 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 5