Healthy Protein Packed Breakfast Cookies
Yields about 8 – 10 cookies.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 2 1/3 cup quick cooking oats
- Dash of salt (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup homemade peanut butter (I love this recipe)
- 2 tablespoons pure clover honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 large bananas, smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup chopped or sliced almonds
- Drizzle of honey for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, salt and pumpkin pie spice together. In another bowl, whisk the peanut butter, honey, brown sugar, bananas and almond extract together. Mix the dry mixture into the wet mixture and stir to combine.
- Scoop the dough (about 2 – 3 tablespoons dough) and roll slightly into a ball. Place about 1 1/2 inches apart on the parchment paper. Press the cookies down with the back of a spoon or a spatula.
- Bake for about 15 – 20 minutes, or until browned. Let cool slightly on the parchment paper and then let cool on a wire cooling rack.
- Serve immediately or freeze for up to 2 – 3 months.
Nutritional information per cookie:
Fat: 14.2 grams
Carbohydrates: 29.7 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Protein: 8.9 grams