Healthy Crock Pot Apple Crisp
Serves about 8. Recipe adapted from Weight Watchers.
- 6 cups chopped apples
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup AP flour
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons apple pie spice
- 1 tablespoon apple butter
- 4 1/2 tablespoons regular butter
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Dash of salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Ice cream for garnish
- Place chopped apples in the bottom of a slow cooker. Add apple butter and lemon juice and stir to coat the apples. Mix together the corn starch, 1 tablespoon of apple pie spice and the 1/4 cup regular white sugar. Mix well. Pour mixture over the apples and stir to coat.
- Sprinkle walnuts over the apples and mix well.
- In another bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, second tablespoon of apple pie spice and salt. Cut in butter using a pastry cutter until mixture is crumbly like sand. Sprinkle the topping over the apple mixture until they are all covered.
- Set slow cooker to low and cook for about 4 hours, or until apples are tender and soft. If you make this over night, be sure your slow cooker turns off after it’s done cooking so the crisp doesn’t burn.
Nutritional information per serving (about 1/2 cup)
Fat: 8 grams
Carbohydrates: 42 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Protein: 2.6 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 7