Guilt free Pasta Alfredo
Serves about 6 -7. Recipe inspired by Chocolate Covered Katie.
Prep time: About 20 minutes
Cook time: About 10 – 15 minutes
- 2 cups raw cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 2/3 – 3/4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese shreds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounces spaghetti or linguine noodles
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Place your cauliflower florets and garlic in an oven safe casserole dish. Top with olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast for about 20 – 25 minutes, or until browned. Pour the cauliflower and garlic into a blender and add 1/4 cup cream. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil. Add the pasta and sprinkle with salt. Cook until pasta is al-dente, about 8 – 10 minutes. Rinse and set aside.
- In dutch oven, add the butter and cook over medium heat. Add the flour and stir to make a thick paste. Pour in the milk and heat until mixture thickens up (it should coat the back of a spoon). Remove from heat and stir in the cauliflower sauce and cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the pasta into the sauce and serve immediately.
Nutritional information per serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Carbohydrates: 43 grams
Fiber: 5.5 grams
Protein: 12 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 8