Grilled Steak with Cilantro Pesto
Serves about 6.
Prep time: >10 minutes
Cook time: About 12 minutes
Total time: 22 minutes
For the steak:
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- Dash of salt and pepper
For the cilantro pesto:
- 2 cups fresh cilantro, large stems removed
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pine nuts
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup high quality olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat grill to high heat. Lightly grease the top with cooking oil or spray.
- Liberally season the steak with steak seasoning and salt and pepper. (Ensure both sides are coated).
- Using tongs, place the steak onto the grill and sear both sides (about 1 – 2 minutes on each side) to get a nice color. Reduce heat to medium-high, and cook another 4 – 5 minutes on each side (for medium rare). Remove steak and let rest about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place all of the pesto ingredients into a food processor. Pulse on high until creamy. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Once steak has rested, slice (against the grain). Serve with pesto and enjoy!