Grilled Buffalo Burger with Avocado Goat Cheese Spread
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: About 14 minutes
For the burgers:
- 4 buffalo patties (about 16 ounces total)
- 4 light white sesame seed buns
- 1/2 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of baby arugula
For the spread:
- 1 medium ripe avocado, seeded and pitted
- 4 ounces of soft goat cheese
- 2 – 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Liberal dashes of salt and pepper
- Preheat your grill.
- Once grill is hot, place patties down. Grill about 5 – 7 minutes on each side, or until the insides reach 140 degrees F (for a medium rare burger).
- While burgers are grilling, prepare spread. Place avocado, goat cheese, lemon juice, olive oil and salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse on low until creamy. Add additional lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Apply spread on the bun and top with the burger, lettuce, tomato and arugula. Enjoy!
Nutritional information per burger (with about 2 tablespoons spread):
Fat: 17.5 grams
Carbohydrates: 29.25 grams
Fiber: 2.8 grams
Protein: 35 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 10