Greek Yogurt & Avocado Couscous Chickpea Salad
Serves about 4.
Prep time: About 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 – 14minutes
For the salad:
- 1 cup pearl couscous (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 can (15 ounces) chick peas, drained
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1/2 avocado, smashed
- 1/2 cup Chobani Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Pompeian red wine vinegar
- Dash of salt
- Dash of cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Bring one cup of water to a boil. Add couscous and reduce heat to medium. Let cook for about 10 minutes or until couscous has absorbed all the water. Remove from heat. Mix the couscous with the chick peas, chopped celery and red onion.
- In another bowl, whisk the greek yogurt, 3/4 of the smashed avocado, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper until combined and creamy. Mix in 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped dill. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the greek yogurt mixture into the couscous/chick pea and mix well (to evenly distribute). Chill before serving and serve with remainder of the smashed avocado and dill.
Nutritional information per serving (about 1/2 cup):
Fat: 6.25 grams
Carbohydrates: 55 grams
Fiber: 4.2 grams
Protein: 12.5 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 7