Gluten-free Peanut Butter Pumpkin Donuts
Yields about 18 donuts. Recipe adapted from King Arthur Flour.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: About 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- White sugar (for dusting)
- Cinnamon (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a donut pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix vegetable oil, applesauce, eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin puree, peanut butter and cinnamon together until fully combined. Gradually add the baking powder, salt and flour and mix until fully combined.
- Fill each donut cavity about 2/3 the way full. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool for about 2 minutes.
- While donuts are still warm, roll them into a mixture of white sugar and cinnamon. Let sit for another minute or so and enjoy!
Nutritional information per donut:
Fat: 6 grams
Carbohydrates: 14 grams
Fiber: 4.3 grams
Protein: 9.9 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 4