[GF] Light Confetti Corn with Bacon Recipe
Serves about 7. Recipe adapted from Southern Living.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: About 20 minutes
- 4 pieces of low-sodium bacon
- 4 cups of sweet corn kernels (about 6 – 8 ears)
- 1/2 cup canned cream corn (gluten-free)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 gloves garlic, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 4 ounce of neufchatel
- 3 ounces of soft goat cheese
- 1/3 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon water
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
- Dash of dried oregano
- Cook bacon in a medium size skillet over medium-high heat until crispy. Reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon fat, tossing the rest out.
- Add onions to the bacon fat and cook until just fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add in garlic, pepper and corn and heat until corn is soft, about 6 more minutes.
- Add in creamed corn, cream cheese, goat cheese, salt, pepper, oregano, water and cream. Reduce heat to medium and cook until cheeses have melted and mixture is thick and creamy, about 6 more minutes.
- Chop bacon into small pieces. Garnish casserole with bacon and enjoy!
Nutritional information per 3/4 cup serving:
Fat: 12.5 grams
Carbohydrates: 27 grams
Fiber: 5 grams
Protein: 8.5 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 7