Easy Grilled Chicken Tortellini Salad
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: About 15 minutes
For the salad:
- 1 box tri-color tortellini
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 – 5 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- Fresh basil, chopped
- 2 mini babybel lights, thinly sliced
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 medium shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (good quality)
- 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- Liberally rub chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Preheat a grill to medium heat and coat with nonstick cooking spray. Add chicken and cook until completely done, about 5 – 6 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and slice into thin pieces.
- While chicken cooks, bring water to a boil in a large pot. Add tortellini and cook for about 8 minutes, or until they are fully cooked (they’ll float to the top). Rinse.
- In a large salad bowl, mix the tortellini with the chicken. Add tomatoes, onion and sliced cheese.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a shallow bowl. Pour over salad and stir in fresh basil.
Nutritional information per serving (about 1/2 cup serving with 1 tablespoon dressing):
Fat: 20 grams*
Carbohydrates: 28.75 grams
Fiber: 3.25 grams
Protein: 23.25 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 10
*To lessen the fat, omit the dressing. Most olive oils have 14 grams of fat per tablespoon.