Easy Breakfast Pizza
Serves about 8 – 9.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: About 12 – 14 minutes
- 1 homemade pizza crust (use this recipe)
- 1 cup part-skim cheddar cheese
- Cooking spray
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
- 7 ounces gimme lean breakfast sausage
- 4 pieces of low-sodium bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 3 tablespoons fresh mozzarella, cut into small balls
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Roll pizza dough out to a large circle. Place on a floured pizza pan and set aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat cooking spray in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and pepper and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add sausage and cook until it’s fully crumbled (you may need to push it apart with a spatula). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the dough with cheddar cheese. Add the sausage and onion mixture to the top and spread out evenly. Add mozzarella cheese and bacon.
- Crack both eggs over the pizza. Bake for about 12 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and egg whites are fully cooked.
Nutritional information per slice:
Fat: 9.2 grams
Carbohydrates: 21 grams
Fiber: 2.5 grams
Protein: 12.6 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 5