Easy Balsamic & Garlic Roasted Carrots
Serves about 6.
Prep time: >10 minutes
Cook time: About 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 12 large carrots
- 5 large cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (I used thyme, rosemary and parsley)
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
- 2 – 3 tablespoons high quality balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 9 x 13 baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Chop the ends off the carrots. Cut into 1 1/2 inch slices or julianne. Chop the garlic.
- Layer the carrots onto the parchment paper. Drizzle liberally with the olive oil. Sprinkle the carrots with garlic, herbs, salt and papper.
- Roast for about 20 minutes, stopping to toss 10 minutes in, or until fork tender. Remove and serve hot!
Nutritional information per serving:
Fat: 7.2 grams
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Protein: 1 gram