Dessert Wine Dark Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Yields about 2 dozen. Recipe inspired by How Sweet Eats.
Prep time: >10 minutes
Cook time: About 10 minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Dessert wine
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Whisk the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt together. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, sugars and dessert wine together, or until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until fully combined. Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet mixture until fully incorporated. Gently stir in chocolate chunks and chocolate chips.
- Cover dough and let chill for about 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, scoop about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheet and repeat, placing dough about 1 inch apart from one another.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until slightly browned. Remove from baking sheet and place on a wire cooling rack.
Nutritional information per cookie:
Fat: 11.75 grams
Fiber: 1 gram
Protein: 2.4 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 5