Crock Pot Spicy Thai Curry Soup
Serves about 8. Slight adapted and inspired by Foodie Crush.
Prep time: >10 minutes
Cook time: 5 hours
Total time: About 5 hours & 10 minutes
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons thai red curry paste
- 2 cans (14 ounces) light coconut milk
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure clove honey
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts (boneless-skinless), sliced
- 3 sweet peppers, chopped
- 2 jalapeños, chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Handful fresh cilantro
- Chives for garnish
- About 3 cups Thai jasmine rice
*For added heat, add a few teaspoons of sriracha or additional thai curry paste.
- Mix everything (until the cilantro) into the basin of a crock pot/slow cooker. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well so the sauce/base of the soup is evenly distributed.
- Cover and cook on low for about 4 1/2 – 5 hours, or until chicken is tender.
- Serve soup with jasmine rice, cilantro, chives and bean sprouts.
Nutritional information per serving (about 1/2 cup of rice and 1/2 cup soup):
Fat: 13.65 grams
Carbohydrates: 31.25 grams
Protein: 57.61 grams
Fiber: 14.5 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 11