Crock Pot Peaches n’ Cream Oatmeal
Serves about 6.
Prep time: >10 minutes
Cook time: About 6 hours
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- About 2 cups sliced peaches
- 3 cups low-fat milk
- 1 cup light cream
- About 2 -4 tablespoons honey*
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
*Depending on your sweetness preference
- Spray the basin of a crock pot with nonstick cooking spray. Pour the steel cut oats into the basin of the crock pot. Pour the milk, cream and honey (I used about 2 1/2 – 3 tablespoons) over the oats. Mix in the honey and cinnamon.
- Stir in the sliced peaches. Cover the basin with lid and cook on low for about 3 – 4 hours, stirring every hour or so to ensure the oats don’t burn.
- Serve the oats with more peach slices and extra liquid for taste.
Nutritional information per serving:
Fat: 8 grams
Carbohydrates: 39 grams
Fiber: 3.4 grams
Protein: 8.3 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 7