Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Chili
Serves about 6.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: About 6 – 8 hours
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 large onions, finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 15 ounce can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 20 ounce can diced tomatoes, not drained
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup buffalo sauce*
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts**
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper
- About 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Fresh cilantro or celery leaves for garnish
*Add more for added heat
**Can use boneless, skinless chicken wings as well
- Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add the garlic and cook until slightly browned, about 2 minutes. Add in the onions, carrots and celery and cook until just softened, about 6 – 7 minutes.
- Rinse the chicken breasts and place into the bottom of the crock pot. Add the cooked vegetables, drained beans, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, buffalo sauce, chili powder and salt and pepper. Stir the ingredients together.
- Cover and cook on low for about 6 1/2 hours. Remove chicken from crock pot, shred and add back.
- Cook another hour. Remove from crock pot and serve with chunks of fresh blue cheese and garnish.
Nutritional information per serving:
Fat: 12.5 grams
Carbohydrates: 27.2 grams
Fiber: 9 grams
Protein: 28 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 7