Crock Pot Banana Bread Quinoa
Yields about 6 1/2 cup servings.
- 1 cup of quinoa (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup of low-sugar cinnamon sugar cookie Coffee Mate Creamer
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 banana (past ripe)
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mash the banana in a bowl and set aside. In another bowl, mix the brown sugar and walnuts together.
- Pour quinoa, creamer (or light cream), milk, water, butter and vanilla into the crock pot. Add the mashed banana and stir to evenly distribute. Sprinkle the sugar and walnut mixture into the quinoa and stir to mix.
- Cook on low for 4 – 6 hours, or until the quinoa is fully cooked. If you need to, add additional liquid or sugar to the mixture for taste.
- Serve warm and garish with slices of banana!
Nutritional information per serving:
Fat: 7 grams
Carbohydrates: 38 grams
Fiber: 2.5 grams
Protein: 5.5 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 6