Crispy Tofu Macaroni Salad Recipe
Serves about 8. Recipe adapted from My Recipes.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: About 45 minutes
For the salad:
- 15 ounces extra firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 8 ounces macaroni noodles
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 3/4 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Fresh mozzarella slices (optional)
- Mint sprigs for garnish
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Liberal dashes of salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Rinse and set aside.
- Cut pressed tofu into bite size pieces. Heat 3/4 tablespoon oil in a medium size sauce pan over medium high heat. Add tofu and cook until browned, about 5 – 8 minutes. Remove from heat and place in a warm oven to stay warm. In the same pan, heat remaining oil. Add onion and cook until fragrant. Add garlic and pepper and cook until soft. Remove from heat. Toss pasta, tofu and vegetables together.
- To prepare the dressing, whisk red wine vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, oregano, garlic and salt and pepper. Pour dressing over the tofu pasta and garnish with fresh mozzarella and mint. Enjoy!
Nutritional information per serving (1 1/2 cups)
Fat: 6 grams
Protein: 9 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Carbohydrates: 24 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 5