Crispy Baked Shrimp
Serves about 6 -7.
Prep time: About 5 – 8 minutes
Cook time: 16 – 20 minutes
- 1 pound peeled and de-veined shrimp
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 -2/3 cup crushed Food Should Taste Good kettle chips
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a large oven-safe skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the garlic, olive oil, kettle chips, broth, crushed red pepper, chili powder, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Lay the shrimp in the bottom of the baking dish. Press the chip topping over the top of the shrimp with a spatula. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for at least 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and the shrimp is pink. Once cooked, top the shrimps with chopped basil.
Nutritional information per serving (about 4 – 5 pieces of shrimp):
Fat: 12 grams
Carbohydrates: 12 grams
Fiber: 6.5 grams
Protein: 16 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 5