Creamy Pumpkin Soup
Serves about 5. Recipe adapted from Skinny Bitch.
Prep time: About 15 minutes
Cook time: About 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 tablespoons water
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin puree (use this recipe)
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sage
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 – 2.5 ounces of soft goat cheese (or any cheese you’d prefer)
- In a large pot, heat butter over medium high heat. Add onions and cook about 2 minutes. Add in garlic and cook another 2 – 3 minutes, or until fragrant. Add in broth and water and bring to a boil. Once mixture is boiling, stir in pumpkin puree. (Mixture will be thick, don’t worry). Add sage, salt and pepper; heat for about 2 – 3 minutes, or until pumpkin has smoothed out into the broth.
- Pour mixture into the base of a food processor. Blend on low until smooth. While blending, carefully pour in light cream and milk. Once blended, add in chunks of the goat cheese. Blend until mixture is completely smooth. (Add additional goat cheese to taste).
- Stir in pumpkin pie spice and additional salt and pepper to taste.
Nutritional information per 1 cup serving:
Fat: 9 grams
Carbohydrates: 8.4 grams
Fiber: 3.8 grams
Protein: 5.6 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 4