Creamy eggplant dip
Yields about 1 1/4 cups. Recipe adapted from Coastal Living.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: >5 minutes
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) non-fat Chobani yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 – 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- About 2 – 3 ounces (1/4 cup) goat cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon truffle salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the eggplant in half vertically and place in a baking dish. Cover with pepper and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Bake for about 10 – 15 minutes or until soft. While the eggplant is still warm, scoop out the flesh with a spoon and place in the body of a food processor.
- Add lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, goat cheese, Chobani, truffle salt, oregano and pepper. Pulse on low until mixture is creamy. Add additional lemon juice, olive oil or salt for taste. Serve warm with sweet potato chips and enjoy!
Nutritional information per serving (about 2 tablespoons):
Fat: 5.7 grams
Carbohydrates: 3.4 grams
Fiber: 1 gram
Protein: 3.2 grams
Weight Watchers: 2