Boozy Cranberry Apple Crumble
Serves about 6.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
For the filling:
- 3 Granny Smith apples, sliced
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- Dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Captain Morgan spiced rum
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
For the topping:
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 3 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix apples, cranberries, lemon juice, brown sugar, rum and pumpkin pie spice. Let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Pour apple/cranberry mixture into your prepared 3 quart baking dish.
- Mix flour, brown sugar and cinnamon together in another bowl. Using a pastry knife, cut in the butter to the flour mixture until it resembles a coarse sand. Sprinkle mixture over the fruit filling.
- Bake for about 35 – 40 minutes, or until top is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Serve warm with whipped cream!
Nutritional information per 2/3 cup serving:
Fat: 9 grams
Carbohydrates: 40 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 7