Blueberry, Flax and Granola Muffins
Serves about 12.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 22 minutes
- 1 cup granola (I used Special K)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flax seed + 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup blueberries
*Not necessary to the muffins, but I found it made the muffins extra moist.
- In a large bowl, whisk the granola, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- In another bowl, mix the flax seed and water together. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix the egg, flax seed, honey, sugar, Greek yogurt, coconut milk and olive oil together. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Toss in the raisins and blueberries, careful while stirring not to make the berries bleed.
- Cover with saran wrap and chill for 24 hours. *
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners and spray lightly with cooking spray. Fill the muffin liners 3/4 the way full with batter. Bake for about 22 – 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Let chill.
Nutritional information per muffin:
Fat: 9.2 grams
Carbohydrates: 38.2 grams
Fiber: 3 grams
Protein: 6.2 grams