Balsamic Chicken with Honey Roasted Tomatoes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 – 20 minutes
For the chicken:
- 2 chicken thighs, bone-in with skin
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- About 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the tomatoes:
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Toss the tomatoes with the olive oil, honey and salt and pepper. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and roast for about 20 minutes, or until squishy.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add onions and mushrooms. Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Place chicken in the pan, add balsamic and salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and cover the mixture with a lid.
- Let chicken simmer for about 15 minutes, or until no longer pink. Serve over the bed of tomatoes and garnish with fresh herbs.
Nutritional information per serving: (1 chicken breast with 1/3 cup roasted tomatoes)
Fat: 30 grams
Carbohydrates: 27 grams
Fiber: 2.5 grams
Protein: 13.5 grams
Weight Watchers Points: 12