Baked Spicy Chicken Nuggets
Yields: 10 nuggets
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Marinating time: over night
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of panko bread crumbs, plain
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed pepper
- 2/3 cup buffalo sauce (like Frank’s Red Hot)
- Cut each piece of chicken into 5 small nuggets or strips and place into a bowl. Pour sauce over them. Cover with foil and refrigerate over night, or at least 4 hours.
- When chicken is done marinating, preheat oven to 500F. Grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix breadcrumbs, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper in a bowl. Dip each nugget into the breadcrumbs and cover liberally. Place on cookie sheet. Repeat until all chicken is covered. Bake for 10 -12 minutes or until chicken is crispy. Enjoy!
You’ll never want the drive through version again!
Nutritional information per 4 nuggets: 200 calories, 7.5 grams of fat, 13 grams of carbohydrates, 1 gram of fiber, 25 grams of protein and 6 Weight Watchers points.